Please note that meeting the following standards is mandatory for journals to be published by PsychOpen.
- Open Access: The journal must agree to the principle of open access. Therefore, the content must be freely accessible to users. In addition, the journal may not require author fees.
- Copyright: All content on PsychOpen must be subject to the Creative Commons License (CC-BY).
- Endorsement by a Scientific Organization: The journal must present an official recommendation of a national or international professional psychological society.
- International Editorial Board: The journal must establish an international editorial board and state complete affiliations for each member.
- Peer-Review Process: The journal must deploy a peer-review process (open, single-blind, double-blind).
- English Metadata and Abstracts: The journal must provide English metadata and abstracts for its contributions.